Saturday, June 25, 2011

2011 Ride Plans

So, this is another year that my schedule will not allow me to ride to Alaska. I have been a bit 'under the weather' and finally figured out that it is an abscessed tooth that has been draining my energy. So, on Monday, I have a root canal scheduled to be followed by a crown on the tooth. So, maybe I will feel better.

In any case, we are still deciding on our trip this year. My wife wants to head south, to the beach this summer. I am not too keen on that on the bike, but since we went west last summer, we'll probably head south. Just where else we will go is unknown. We may either head to Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma OR east into Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. Decisions, decisions.

I plan to have a KLR 650 by next summer. I also plan to take and pass my comps for my PhD next summer. If I do, I may take off for an Adventure ride solo next summer following the comps, just to clear my head. We'll see what happens between now and then.

In any case....here's what we are looking forward to this summer:

No comments:

Post a Comment